Link Loving 08.02.11
February 8, 2011 § 1 Comment
- OpenLeft closes it’s doors. Thanks for the memories, kids.
- There is a list of 50 ‘Northern Lights’ – the names to watch out for from Northern England, as compiled by ippr.
- Corey Allan says that relationships are easy – when the wind blows hard, adjust your sails – not the wind.
- My favourite mid-Welsh cartoonist strikes again, this time taking on worthy activists.
- Alexandra Petri puts the ‘pun’ in punditry as she takes on CNN’s hilarious coverage as Anderson Cooper arrives in Egypt.
- Penny Red accepts that with power, comes great responsibility. And that she has to do the washing up now and then.
- It’s hard not to be inspired by the monthly updates from the Transition movement, via Rob Hopkins.
- Dawn Foster finds her inner King Solomon and judges the three main political parties on their use of the word ‘progressive’.
- Alan Finlayson explains why Compass moving (potentially) to open itself to members of any political party is indicative of more pluralist times. Good news indeed.
- Naked Capitalism on how the UK is about to implement a major tax break for banks.
- This just doesn’t get old – pranking corporate brands on twitter. This time, @KennethColePR.