Link Loving 22.03.11
March 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
- Stephen Hale looks at how development NGOs work together, and how they can do it better.
- Wangari Maathai asks whether the revolutions in north Africa can spread south? No – because of a lack of national over tribal identity, the regressive army and lack of access to information.
- Richard Graves on disasters and resilience.
- Bryan Farrell on how Wisconsin has strengthened ties between labour and environment.
- Turning that desk job into a game. But ultimately, it’s still a desk job.
- Left Outside has a nice piece wondering why the mainstream media is so bad.
- Cults of personality.
- Nick Pearce thinks that Cameron’s reorganisation of Number 10 makes no sense.
Governments can do little to build civil society directly but much more to strengthen the conditions in which civil society can build itself. Michael Edwards.