Link Loving 03.04.11
April 3, 2011 § Leave a comment
- Social media and mass protest didn’t start in Egypt. In 2008, 2 million anti-FARC protestors were mobilised through Facebook in Colombia.
- Timelapse with the more than 2000 nuclear explosions since 1945.
- Excited to see the upcoming launch of All Out – a global LGBT campaign. And they’re hiring.
- The Art of Theory, a new on-line political philosophy quarterly; first issue has a symposium on Adam Smith.
- How the London-based left sees Scotland, and how they should change their view. Gerry Hassan.
- An openly gay man is appointed British ambassador to Cambodia. Yes, that’s still news.
- Amanda Tattersall has some more wise words on coalition building.
- Looking back at the 10 years of non-violent conflict in Serbia. Centre for Applied Non-violent Action and Strategies.
- Wonderful story of disarmament and peace-building in the Congo. Henri Bura Ladyi.
- James Arvanitakis on the need for GetUp! (the Australian 38 Degrees) to move beyond online petitions