Link Loving 02.06.11
June 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
- The fight for gay rights is playing an important part in the general democratisation of Russia. Augusto Come.
- Be memorable by telling good stories about yourself. Penelope Trunk.
- My dear friend Anna Rose is travelling through the USA researching progressive infrastructure as part of her Churchill Fellowship.
- How to make meetings meaningful.
- A resurgent Italian protest movement. Emanuelle Degli Esposti.
- It’s not who you know, it’s who you don’t know. Jonathan Schifferes.
- Seven tips on how to handle negative people. Celastine Chua.
- The cutest thing you’ve ever seen.
- James Plunkett reveals some telling data. Since 2003;
- Median wages flat-lined and disposable incomes fell in every English region outside of London, despite economic growth of 11%
- Housing costs continued to hit hard as 30% of low to middle income first time buyers relied on a 100% mortgage in 2009, and the proportion renting trebled from 1988 to 2008 as house prices moved out of reach.
- Since 2006, those on low to middle incomes also faced as much as a 1% higher inflation rate on their cost of living than higher earners.