Peaceful Uprising’s Core Principles
July 14, 2011 § 1 Comment
I find a list of organisational principles like this very compelling. Especially the final one.
- We refuse to be obedient to injustice.
- Our human stories are extremely powerful, and genuine sacrifice has the ability to awaken and inspire others.
- We are connected to something much greater than ourselves, which has an incredible power to change the world.
- We are steadfast in our commitment to the truth.
- Our allies and strategies align with and create the healthy and just world we want to see.
- A powerful movement originates with personal transformation and a commitment to being an agent of change.
- Creating a better world is not only necessary, but makes us authentically happy people.
- We are committed to building a supportive community that empowers our members to realize their potential.
- The best response to intimidation is joy and resolve.
- We recognize a nonviolent movement as the most effective means of creating a just and healthy world.
- We respect the inherent worth and dignity of every person*.
- Protecting Peaceful Uprising as an institution will never take precedent over our commitment to the fight for a healthy and just world.
* Corporations are not people.