January 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
CAMPAIGNS INTERN (paid position) – 38 Degrees
Deadline for applications: 6.00pm, 4th Feb 2013
Interviews will be held: w/c 11th Feb 2013
38 Degrees is one of the leading campaigning organisations in the UK. In under four years, we’ve grown to over a million members. Together, we’ve helped stop the privatisation of England’s forests and seen off some of the worst aspects of the government’s plans for the NHS. 38 Degrees members choose our campaigns, and keep the organisation going: all our funding comes from our members chipping in.
In 2013, 38 Degrees is starting a paid internship scheme, and we’re looking for bright, enthusiastic people with a can-do attitude to come and join our small staff team for a year. We’d want successful candidates to work hard and learn fast. In return, the successful candidate will be equipped with all the skills and experiences they need to build a career in the fastest-growing area of campaigning, as well as becoming a valued part of our friendly, close-knit office team in the process.
- Work alongside the 38 Degrees campaigns staff in every aspect of planning and running our people-powered campaigns.
- Lead on specific projects and particular areas of work.
- Develop your strategic and practical understanding of delivering campaigns, as well as acquiring highly-transferable technical and communications skills
- Passionate about the issues that 38 Degrees works on, including protecting public services, making our tax and banking systems fairer and protecting the environment.
- Keen to learn how campaigning works and how to use people power to make change happen.
- Experience of running campaigns in your own community or as a student would be an advantage.
- Energetic with a flexible can-do attitude, and ready to work hard alongside everyone on our tight-knit team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to work well with other team members and ask for help when it’s needed.
- Clear, concise writing style.
- Good organisation and administration skills, including familiarity with managing your own workload.
- Used to applying attention to detail and concentration in busy surroundings, whether the job is big or small.
- Comfortable with using different software packages and able learn new IT skills quickly. Some knowledge of HTML or other technical skill is desirable, but not essential.
HOW TO APPLY
You can download an application form on the 38 Degrees website here: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/intern
In your personal statement, please outline clearly how you meet the criteria listed in the the person specification above.
- 12 month contract
- Full time with some flexibility – average 40 hours/week
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- 27 days holiday per annum plus public holidays.
January 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
Great new video from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
January 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
You know when you hear about something that is so genius that it is obvious? Hello Southwark Circle.
January 3, 2013 § Leave a comment
January 3, 2013 § Leave a comment
A thought: how about a prime-time TV drama set in an investment bank? The well-meaning graduate trainee, the nasty boss, the champagne bars, the drugs, the media, the disrupted families, the trading scandal, the quarterly reports pressure… Essentially, Downton Abbey but in pinstripe suits.
And it would do the image of finance as Yes Minister did to the civil service.